Billabong have debuted the world’s first wetsuits incorporating Graphene directly into the lining material for a direct boost in warmth to the wearer.
What is Graphene?
Most people would have heard of this new material but let’s have a look at this short video for a refresh.
Mens Billabong 403 Furnace Comp Chest Zip Steamer
Boost your heat and your airs with the ultra lightweight Furnace Carbon Comp wetsuit. New for the 2019/2020 season, Billabong’s cold water competition performance wetsuit now features Billabong exclusive Furnace Graphene. Innovative new graphene wrapped yarns combine with carbon fibers for a wetsuit that is lighter, stronger and warmer for longer. Furnace Graphene is 50% lighter than traditional hollow fiber liners and 200x stronger than steel. Created from Smart Foam made from 30% upcycled car tires, the suit features a 300% stretch while adding more heat and less weight. Utilizing Airlite Stretch external jersey technology, the exclusive engineered perforated knit is able to stretch 350%. A Comp chest zip entry system allows for an easy on-off. Every layer is constructed with incredible flexibility for optimal performance.
Billabong Ladies Furnace Comp Chest Zip Black Palms
- Inner fabric: Carbon Fiber Furnace Quick Dry thermal lining, 80%.
- Foam core: Superlight Foam.
- Outer fabric: Air-lite Stretch external jersey – most flexible material available.
- Entry system: Comp-Dry chest zip entry system.
- External Power Seam liquid welded seams and twin needle stretch.
- Internal machine applied pressure bonded stretch tape.
- Strategic X-Flex paneling for unrestricted stretch.
- 3D contour paneling.
- Minimal seams maximum flex